Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes, We Can Swoon

I had planned on going down to the law school with Andy to watch the inauguration speech, but I couldn't convince my body that being awake before 8:30 was in its favor whatsoever. We piped hulu into the teevee and curled up on the couch to watch the proceedings, and then made some breakfast. I thought it was a horrible misuse to have Aretha Franklin sing "My Country 'Tis of Thee." Her hat was totally sweet, though. hulu was depending on Fox News' coverage of the event, and I was a little startled to hear the announcer speak of the new president as "Barack H. Obama." To contrast, W. was "George Walker Bush."

I wonder which middle name is going to live in infamy longer...

It was really a wonderful moment, and I thought his speech was good and inspiring, but not one of his best. To think that John McCain would have deprived the nation of this moment; I'll bet he feels kind of dumb now.

No comments: