Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Women deserve better than shotgun marriages and teen pregnancy

I'm not a fan of the organization "Feminists" For Life, though I've long admired their slogan that says  women deserve better than abortion.  Melinda Henneberger reminded me of this when she noted on Slate's XX Factor that Bristol Palin's Facebook account lists her as Bristol Palin-Johnston, and theorized that the wedding has already gone down, alongside wishing the young couple luck in beating the poor odds of a sucessful marriage.  Henneberger says that if Bristol were "frog-marched into church on our account," she's sorry, because "like all women, she deserves better."  

Abortion sucks, but I would find it far  preferrable to rushing into a likely doomed marriage with a baby before I was ready for it.  

No comments: