Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Write about myself? I couldn't possibly! Well, if you insist...

Chris (real name?) of Methed Up, has tagged lil' ol' me with a meme. His vigorous arm-twisting (or, okay, just leaving a comment) has lead to this:

The Rules:
1. Each player must post these rules first.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. As a kid, I was an active in 4-H. I did projects with llamas, rabbits, and felt (yeah, felt).

2. I don't exactly "suffer from" but am on occasion annoyed by both Raynaud's disease and Geographic Tongue. This winter for the first time I started experiencing the Raynaud's, which is a weird thing that causes the blood to just drain from my extremities, in my tongue. My tongue turns white and gets tingly if I move from a warm place to a cold one.

3. I swallowed a penny in second grade, in class. I was sitting around not doing anything, and got glared at by my teacher, so I quickly looked away - and the thing fell down my throat. Even as a second-grader, I was an anxious, anxious person. I didn't tell anyone about it because I'd heard from a classmate or some otherwise irreputable source that I might die, though it might happen in a year or two. I was actually an anxious insomniac, so I would lie awake at night afraid that however unlikely, they might have been right, and I was going to die soon.

I had a similar experience with touching a slug.

4. I really, really, really wanted to be a marine biologist who studied sharks as a kid. I went nuts when Shark Week was on the Discovery Channel, and was in general obsessed. I decided against it because it seemed somewhat far-fetched, and only a few months ago realized that ambition isn't completely foolish. Wish I'd thought of that 10 years ago.

5. I have adored every Sims game I've played (I never tried SimHealth, because even now I think that a game about US Healthcare policy would be freaking boring.), except for SimLife, which was just impossible. I'm currently sucked into The Sims Life Stories.

6. For some reason, I'm fascinated with dams. Yeah, the things that stop up rivers. See here.

7. I don't recycle. I try! I do it when I'm at work and when I'm in a public space where there are bins, but I have months-old bottles and boxes and cans on my back porch. There are some things I am responsible enough to do, and recycling isn't one of them. Yet for some reason my mother thinks I would be able to raise her grandchild.

8. I have a total phobia of roller coasters. Anything where I get a similar sense of moving quickly and having little control over it freaks me out. A lot. I've never even been on a roller coaster, in fact, and even have a little trouble with the tilt-a-whirl. I also cannot ski (even cross-country involves too much fast downhill) and hate riding down steep hills on a bike.

As for the tagged:
  • Rose at Cleaning House is a Muscovite who I'm sure will have a tough time whittling her list of interesting things about herself to 8.
  • Josh at States of the Union is a UI Law student, liberal drinker, and in general, fricking awesome. (His most recent post about Idaho drivers licensing and its effect on the poor is awesome, too - go read it!)
  • Chris at the Unequivocal Notion is another booze-swilling Idahoan.
  • fat fu blogs about fat acceptance, with lots of crunchy data.
  • Kate Harding is blogging at Shakesville as well as Shapely Prose now, but probably isn't too good for a meme.
  • Kuri at Thoughtinterrupted has a progressive/feminist blog and ought to give us an interesting list.
  • Geo writes at Feminist Allies, but also has his own blog.
  • Tara at The Political Game is a South Idaho blogger.

No comments: