Monday, May 21, 2007

How can you tell I'm a feminist?

I've never had anyone act with surprise when I mention that I'm a feminist. I live in a red state and my fashion taste tends to lean toward the stereotypically Republican, but still, people tend to just know. It could be because of things like the Amazon order I got in the mail today:

Viva! la Woman by Cibo Matto
Stereotype A by Cibo Matto
Volta by Bjork
Full Frontal Feminism by Jessica Valenti
Monique and the Mango Rains: Two years with a midwife in Mali by Kris Holloway

I plan on blogging about FFF after I finish it, and am really excited to dig into Monique and the Mango Rains and report back. On top of all that, I owe Kim Todd a review of her new book Chrysalis. So look forward to some media reviews, check out Cibo Matto if you've never heard of them (Viva! La Woman was my anthem in high school), and leave a comment about how people can tell you're a feminist.

No comments: