Sunday, September 17, 2006

Food news you can use..and some you can't

I'm planning a trip to the San Juan Islands next month, so I headed over to the trusty Chowhound website to find that it's been drastically revamped and is much, much, much easier to use. No more Ctrl+F searches through gobs of text, some fancy photos, and even ways of tracking good threads and users. I have used Chowhounds primarily to research restaurants in areas to which I'm going to be traveling, but with this new incarnation, I'm sure I'll be spending a lot more time there.

And by the way, we plan on staying in a cabin with a kitchen so we can cook some dinners, and making sure to hit the Duck Soup Inn on San Juan and Christine's on Orcas. Let me know if there's anything else I need to look out for.

As for the food news you can't use, I have four words: foie gras cotton candy.

No comments: