Monday, August 14, 2006

What could be going on here?

Researchers from Germany found that four years into a relationship, less than half of 30-year-old women wanted regular sex.

Conversely, the team found a man's libido remained the same regardless of how long he had been in a relationship.
...
About 90% of women wanted tenderness, regardless of how long they had been in a relationship, but only 25% of men who had been in a relationship for 10 years said they were still seeking tenderness from their partner.
Now, I find these terms to be pretty vague, but if they mean here that these guys stop wanting sex with their partners but instead with a vagina on legs, I don't know why this should be surprising. They go on to give some evolutionary biology claptrap as an explanation, but it seems like the explanation is right there in the data. It kind of turns the whole notion of women trapping men into sexless marriages on its head. I know I'd feel a little short-changed if my marital sex life were reduced to simply doin' it.

Of course, if I were survyed and asked how important "tenderness" was to me in my sex life, I'd crack up and hang up the phone.

No comments: