Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Don't throw me in that briar patch and "assert your dominon!"

I can see why people are upset with this dude. He's not very cool. See here:
Deep down, women love men who stand up to them, who won't be pushed around. They love men who will look them in the eye and tell them to shut up when their hormonal bickering has become too much.
Here:
I'm always telling my wife, the writer Liz Jones, to shut up. She gets into a prissy huff about it, but I know she respects me for not indulging her neuroticism. Long ago, I realised it is unhealthy for a man to embroil himself in arguments with women.

While men want an argument to make sense and have a rational conclusion, women solely want the argument itself: it's a pressure valve for their emotions, and once they get started there is no stopping them.
And here:
Real men don't pretend or even try to understand women. They simply love them for being the mysterious, capricious creatures that they are. And they don't take them too seriously, either. They know the vicissitudes of the female mind, its constant insecurities and the fluctuations in mood.

Rather than pander to them, they simply watch them drift by like so many clouds on the horizon. They don't get entangled in a woman's feelings and listen to her prattling on and on until she's talked herself out. Such strong and stoic men are exactly what women need to anchor themselves amid the chaos of their emotions.
What I can't really bothered by, though, is this bit:
The female orgasm is the natural mechanism by which men assert dominion over women: a man who appreciates this can negotiate whatever difficulties arise in his relationships with them.
I am more baffled than offended. I'll breathe out any old reply after someone has "asserted their dominion" over me. I say we encourage this meme to spread to all patriarchy-loving assholes everywhere: to really keep women down, get them off. If that were the only weapon in the patriarchy's arsenal, I think we'd all be a lot better off.

Meanwhile, ten minutes later, it's time for me to wash up and get back to kicking asses.

No comments: