Tuesday, March 07, 2006

It's all heartwarming and crap

I read the Daily Evergreen, Washington State University's student paper every day while drinking coffee at work. It's not the best reading material. Well, basically it sucks. Between the relationship "advice" columns that I'm pretty sure are designed to finally convince women and men to take arms up against each other, the horoscopes that constantly give me two-star days, and frequent typos and incoherent editorials, I don't blame people when they snip out the crossword and recycle the rest.

Luckily, they have the services of Bruno Baltodano, who never fails to write engaging, endearing, and interesting pieces. Today's was a musing on the image of manhood he wants to project to his daughter. I read the whole thing, and never once spit out my coffee in disbelief. Thanks, Bruno, for an uncommonly spit-take-free coffee break.

No comments: