Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

Theme: reducing my hypocrisy quotient (Hq).

1. Stop driving to Rosauers (the grocery store a five-minute walk from my house). When I finally got a car after four years of college without one, the novelty of being able to drive somewhere was so thrilling I wasn't doing it out of pure laziness. Now, I am, and it is a Bad Habit. I'll quit.

2. Rent my movies from Howard Hughes. They're a good business also within walking distance, and I don't even know why I stopped patronizing them. Hastings does not deserve my money, though.

3. Volunteer at the Co-op. I tend to forget that it exists for some reason, so if I'm there a couple of times a week, I'll shop there more often and think more about my food and what goes into making it appear on my table.

4. Exercise, but do not weigh myself. I owe it to myself, and my husband who has to live with me, to get over my body issues. I'm making progress, and I need to keep with it.

No comments: